Bedford, NS B4A 4K3Terms of employment:
Permanent employment, Full time 30 to 70 hours / weekStart date:
As soon as possibleJob requirements:Languages:
Secondary (high) school graduation certificateExperience:
Experience an asset
All the applicants, who do not have Canadian Class 1 or AZ Driver’s License, must have at least 2 years of truck driver’s work experience.
Security and Safety
Criminal record check, Drug test, Driver's validity licence check, Driving record check (abstract) – conducted upon hiring.
Communication Systems Experience
Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment, Trip recorder (on-board computer)
Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Accident or incident reports, Trip reports, Maintenance and repair reports, Trans-border documentation, Driver logbookSpecific Skills
- Use and drive primarily tractor-trailer, long-combination vehicle and straight-body trucks weighing over 4500 kg to transport goods and materials over long distances.
- Plan trip logistics and get required documentation to transport goods.
- Inspect vehicle systems, equipment, and accessories likes tires, lights and turning signals, brakes, and cold storage before, during, and after trips.
- Make sure cargo is secured properly according to safety requirements and follow safety procedures for carrying dangerous goods.
- Get special permits and other documents required to move cargo on international routes.
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain logbooks.
- Communicate with dispatcher and customers using communication devices and on-board computers.
- May drive as part of a two-person team.
- May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Air Brakes Endorsement, AZ class license, Driver's License (Class 1 or A)